Tuesday, July 10, 2007

So today what bothers me is China. After the whole kill America's pets through food tainted with melamine thing, followed by the whole let's kill children with poisoned toothpast thing, and the let's kill South Americans with cough medicine thing, and let's not forget the whole lets give kids toys made of lead paint thing, you'd think American companies would say - "Hey, we are going to stop using Chinese products and will look to other places to supply the ingredients for our products." But, instead, none of this occurred. Companies continue to blissfully use China products saying it is not their fault if it kills people. At this point, I am going to say they have enough warning as to the poor quality of stuff coming out of China, that to use this stuff in making their products practically constitutes negligence.
The only thing that has happened is that China executed the guy in charge of regulating the safety of products for taking bribes which lead to people dying from a bad vaccine (not sure if I approve or disprove yet - my conscience hasn't decided).
I'm going to by honest here folks. We need to seriously encourage companies to stop getting anything from China. We also need to require that products, especially food products, label where all the elements/ ingredients of their products come from. If I knew an ingredient in my toothpaste came from China, you can bet I wouldn't be buying that toothpaste again.

No comments: